Trip to Wonderful

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

More camping resources

At some point, I will address private campgrounds and RV "resorts", but since we don't plan on spending much time ourselves in such accomodations, much of my current focus is on public recreational lands.

I mentioned the Reserve America site a while back, namely as the means of reserving sites at National Park campgrounds. However, I found a wonderful resource on the site, it's "Browse Maps" feature, which provides information on thousands of state and federal campgrounds, including those, like Army Corps of Engineer lands, which are often more "developed", e.g., provide water and electric hookups, but are often overlooked by camping guides and websites. The only limitation is that only sites which are in fact reservable are listed on the website; "first-come, first served" campgrounds are not.

A second resource I happened upon which begins to fill that gap is unofficial US National Forest Campground Guide. The authors have now reviewed over 100 Forest Service campgrounds, with the expectation to eventually hit all USDA sites.

I just mentioned to Eric this morning that I need to come up with a more "accessible" means of organizing campgrounds which may or may not fit our own perimeters, so that when it's late in the evening and we're looking for a good spot to set up camp, that information is as close as my laptop. I'll let you all know what I come up with.

6 Comments:

  • That sounds great, but I've seen very different opinions of vacuum truck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:03 PM  

  • Would The Thought Of Thousands Of Other Web Site's All Displaying Your Content,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 AM  

  • Hello ##NAME##, surfing the net today for information on ##LINK## and found your post. ##TITLE## wasn't even what I was surfing for. Your post cerainly got my attantion, but can see why I found your post on related information. Keep up the good work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 PM  

  • Hey ##NAME##, I was out searching the net today for information on ##LINK## and found this site. Even if ##TITLE## was not what I was searching for, the site got my attention. I can see why I founf this site, when I was looking for related information. Keep up the good work and thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 AM  

  • Hi, I was out blogging and found your site. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Pants information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 PM  

  • I don't see many camping links in the comments, but here is the best one I have seen:

    Parkcamper.com Yellowstone National Park

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home